01 November 2021

Careers Service update

For Religions and Theology students. The Careers Service is here to support you now, throughout your time at Manchester and for two years after you graduate. I’m the link Careers Consultant for Religions and Theology and have recorded a short careers presentation for level 1 students and levels 2 and 3 students on Blackboard. In this I explain how studying Religions and Theology can lead to many different careers and how the skills you’re developing are really valued by employers. I also give a quick tour of our website so you can do your own careers research and benefit from the terrific material that will help you no matter what stage you’re at. For instance, if you’re feeling clueless about what to do next, check out a section called ‘I don’t know what I want to do’. A key resource is our online portal CareerConnect. It’s your one-stop shop for booking appointments, accessing resources, searching for opportunities (vacancies) and registering for Careers Events. Log-in using your student details and register your Careers Readiness stage so you can receive personalised daily or weekly job and event alerts. You can also learn with Pathways – a resource that will help you Get Ready to apply for internships, placements and graduate jobs. Look out for a weekly email we send via the School’s student support team, which includes information on careers service initiatives, resources and events that are listed on CareerConnect. If you’d like to contact me directly, my email is louise.sethi@manchester.ac.uk – I’d love to hear from you!